Friday, July 31, 2009

Thank you card


Apropos Using Stamps and Masks

I love stamping; I've been doing it on and off for years. Following on from a previous post on creativity as a process that can be repeated, I'm not really that good at documenting my creations. Anyway, I thought that blogging some of my home-made cards would be a good way of documenting not just the process but the product as well!

List of items used - Tim Holtz masks; stamps by Autumn Leaves and Clear Dollar Stamps (gr8 shop), Spellbinders Nestabilities, white cardstock, chalk, stamp inks.

Shapes were cut from the cardstock using Nestabilities. For the large circle, I attached the masks U and 8 (U/8 netball). I chalked it up with pink. Then, I stamped it with the background stamp using green ink. I gently peeled off the mask to reveal the white U8. The edge was inked with pink to make it stand out a bit. This was set on the plain white scalloped circle to highlight the U8.

For the small cirlce, I simply used my 'thanks' stamp on it using pink ink. This was adhered to a scalloped circle inked in green. The small shapes were adhered to the larger shape.

The large shape was attached to the front of a hot pink card (it looks a bit red on the photo though). Voila! A home-made thank you card to hand out to one dedicated coach who gave up so much time and energy to develop netball skills and sportsmanship.

I've never used masks before and I've got to say I enjoyed it. I'll experiment some more and with some success will come more postings. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment